This Law has some new points compared to the previous Law. Specifically:
- The lawyer-training duration is increased to 12 months (instead of 6 months previously)
The law practice probation term shall be shortened to 12 months (instead of 18 months).
- Forms of law practice by lawyers:
- Practicing law in a law-practicing organization under a labor contract;
- Practicing law individually according to labor contract for agencie, organization; or
- Establishing or joining in a law-practicing organization in the locality where the bar association is based;
- Lawyer card shall be withdrawn and lawyer shall be written-off in the list of lawyers if within three (03) years from the date of issuance of the lawyer card, lawyers do not practise in the said above forms or do not practise in a period of 5 consecutive years after being granted the lawyer card.
This Law shall take effect from 01 July 2013.